After successful completion of the UniversityLink program outlined below, you will be eligible for admission to UC San Diego. Guaranteed admission applies only to fall quarter enrollment. Admission to choice of UC San Diego undergraduate college and major are not guaranteed.
If you are applying as a student with family income of $40,000 or less:
If you are applying as a current or former foster youth: you must provide a Court Dependency Letter to your community college at the time of beginning the UniversityLink program.
- you must confirm income eligibility during the first term of your enrollment at a local partner community college.
- your income also will be confirmed by UC San Diego prior to your admission to UC San Diego.
If you are applying as a student veteran: you must provide Form DD-214 to your community college at the time of beginning the UniversityLink program.
If you are applying as an active duty service member: you must provide Form DD-295 or copy of your Military ID to your community college at the time of beginning the UniversityLink program.
- Complete a minimum of 60 UC-transferable semester units (90 quarter units) by end of spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego.
- Earn a cumulative 3.5 UC GPA by the end of fall term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego, and maintain a 3.5 UC GPA through the end of spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego.
- Meet UC eligibility by completing these UC-transferable college courses:
- 2 English composition
- 1 mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning
- 4 courses from at least 2 of the following areas:
- Arts and humanities
- Physical and biological sciences
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Both of the UC English courses and the UC math course must be completed by the end of fall term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego.
Fulfill the following requirements by the end of the SPRING term, prior to FALL enrollment..
- Attend one UniversityLink orientation program at your community college to understand eligibility requirements and program expectations, co-presented by the partner community college and UC San Diego.
- Meet once a year with a UC San Diego Admissions Officer at your community college to ensure you are on track with program requirements, coursework, and major preparation.
- Participate in a UC application workshop/UC San Diego campus tour where you will meet UC San Diego faculty, staff and students.
- Submit a UC Transfer Admission Planner form no later than 1 year from the time of beginning the UniversityLink program AND meet with a community college advisor.
- Apply to UC San Diego no later than 3 years from the time of beginning the UniversityLink program.
- Attend the UniversityLink Summer Symposium prior to applying to UC San Diego. Eligible students will receive additional information regarding the UniversityLink Summer Symposium.
- Complete all UC San Diego major preparation available at your local partner community college and declare that major at the time of completing the UC San Diego admissions application.
We strongly recommend these additional program components to ensure your success:
- Take a College Success Skills course during your first year of enrollment at a local partner community college.
- Upon matriculation to UC San Diego, utilize the resources and advisers at your UC San Diego college and academic department.